Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Rob Tannahill


Never Do It In An Alley


primordial

muck                                                         fifteen buck

point

my arms                                                    here she comes again

a public pool

adult swim to evolution

in mind, in heart, in psalm                        the sexiest among them

got the makings                                         a curse

for prime material

what we got

on the menu is the                                     I can’t take it today

bubble up. double Up.                              what’s more

rest your neck                                 

you don’t have to                                      wait for me to come





My Head Is Not the Kentucky Derby

get out of my library boy get out of my word-thought get out I can’t say it no more go far from here get out this isn’t me anymore so get out of myself you no one on a string you can’t always express your mono-personality you myopic free range chicken quit cooking dope in verse we don’t shoot no more for the stars for the goals and we don’t follow mechanized white rabbits into the supernova of robot voice under sweating rock and too-loud traffic in nowhere land where fentanyl is called boy quit making me stitch you back to the side of my neck leave my vagus nerve be say I’ll stop talking about you say that’s a promise I tell you a bloody solemn vow binding like a sad bet during the two most exciting minutes in track betting better than a caucus race so they

don’t chase the odds no more 





Doin’ the Jim Carroll Jitterbug


I get it bad in the ankles

a ten day shock from analgesia

and tearing down of the love womb

I get it bad in the thighs.

 

I get it bad in the belly

if the powers that be

ever knew what glue dope makes of your guts

it could’ve saved a lot of horses.

I get it bad in the spine.

 

I get it bad in the noggin

when you stumble like this

it’s called the brain fluid bounce

I get it bad behind the eyes.

 

there’s a tight spot

in the bridge of my nose

where when I breathe, I get it bad

so bad, man, you can’t cry.

I get it bad

and no matter how long I lay here

I just don’t die


Michelle Smith

 “We are the Flowers that Bloom”   We are the flowers that bloom Behind the gate Planted firmly There should be no sorrow At nig...