Friday, May 24, 2024

Lee Boek


Ambition 


Give me a job 

A woman and a prefab house 

Give me a pension I can gain 

Let me have a couple of kids 

A faithful dog 

Then let me explain. 

I want a life 

A real good wife

A family and a job 

I want to put my kids through college. 

Someday I’ll retire and play 

Have fun with my grands 

Even my Greats 

Maybe travel a bit. 





Hold it Right There
……(Tuvan singing)


I hear it, (coping hand to ear)…It’s breath!

Let’s live and let live.

Hold it buddy, get off a my case

Get off a my case

Get off a my case.

Hold it buddy right there.

See you comin’ cross the parking lot

A bible in your hand

Headin’ right straight towards me

Ah said, “Hold it right there, man,

Hold it buddy right there.

Cool it!

I don’t want to hear that shuck and jive every day

That I’m alive

Everybody talkin’ bout heaven aint goin’ there”

And some of us already been

If you got something itching on you

Just scratch on your own damn skin.





It’s Her Body


What poem could I write

To express my disgust

At the loss of a Right

For a woman to decide

Whether she should or wants

To give birth?

“It’s her body,” Uncle Sam would scream

Shaking his old bald head

Marveling at how obvious that right should be.

Why should it be decided by others

That you Must be Mothers?!

Is it you're body Woman?

Do you relinquish your Right

To the state or the church?


None of this is Necessary. 

A woman can decide for Herself!


Michelle Smith

 “We are the Flowers that Bloom”   We are the flowers that bloom Behind the gate Planted firmly There should be no sorrow At nig...